24 October 2012

Transitions and Questions

It's been months since I've last posted here.  Sorry!  Life just became busy the past few months.  So, what's up with the family and I?  Well, we celebrated Ava's first birthday last April.  It was a bittersweet time because just 2 weeks earlier, my grandfather (my dad's dad) passed away.  My aunt and uncle came here from the States to say their final goodbyes.  After the cremation, my uncle stayed for a couple more days and was able to celebrate Ava's birthday with us.

Last May, our entire family left Malate and moved to Mandaluyong, my childhood home.  The move kept us busy for over a month since we had to weed out the things that we didn't need anymore versus the ones that still had value.  The good thing about this move is that Ava now has the benefit to be with both sides of her family.  My Dad doesn't need to commute from Mandaluyong to Malate everyday just to spend a couple of hours with his grand daughter.  Also, it is a relief for me to spend more time with my Dad again.  He is always the one that I could turn to when I'm feeling sad and I can't express what I'm feeling.  It's great to have that connection with him again.

So will I post regularly again?  I'm not sure.  I've been  so busy with work lately and I'm always tired from my long commute that all I want to do when I get home is spend time with Ava and then sleep.  It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother turning my television on anymore.  I just want to sleep.  There are even days when I don't even see my husband since I'm asleep when he gets home and I am usually out of the house by 7:30am the next day.  I miss those days when it was just us and we would just spend ours talking on the phone.  :'(

In any case, I'm at a point right now where I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.  I hope that this will be answered on Saturday when I attend this workshop called "It's a WAHMderful Life:  A Work-At-Home Moms 101" which is organized by Martine of The Dainty Mom.


One of things that I am most grateful for is that my mom was a stay at home mom.  Even before I was born, she chose not to work when she moved to Japan to be with my Dad.  My mom and I were inseparable.  She was there for me everyday, sometimes when I didn't even want her to be around she was there.  Looking back, I am grateful for that.  If I had known that she would leave us so soon, then I would have cherished our relationship even more.  I want that kind of relationship with Ava but due to our financial situation, I know that I still have to contribute.  Being a work at home mom seems to be the best fit but I don't know where to start and how to do it.  I hope that by attending this workshop, I'll be able to decide what I want to do.

I should blog about the event later on... :D

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't able to attend this first one but I was there last Saturday. Were you there? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Badet! I went to the first one and was planning to go to the one last week but opted not to. Sayang. :)

    ReplyDelete