15 May 2011

First Few Days of Breastfeeding

Early on in my pregnancy, AP and I forged an unspoken agreement that I would be breastfeeding baby Ava.  It just made sense.  First, we would be able to save a lot of money if we didn't buy formula.  Second, it would save us time and effort since we would not have to constantly mix up formula and then wash bottles.  Finally, we knew that Ava would be much more healthier if she was breastfeed because "breastfeeding is still best for babies."  

However, during the first week of breastfeeding, I had a very difficult time.  Here are a few items that helped in my first few days of breastfeeding:


1.)  Pigeon Natural-Fit Silicone Nipple Shield


This helped ease the pain from my right nipple which was cracked and bleeding and also helped Ava get milk from my left nipple which was inverted
2.)  Pigeon Nipple Puller
Bought this for my inverted nipple on my left breast

3.)  Pigeon Nipple Care Cream

I put this on right after I breastfeed Ava.  It helps prevent my nipples from becoming cracked and sore all over again


4.)  Nursing Mom Breastfeeding Cover
 Have used this numerous times already when Ava needs to feed and we're not at home

Bought all the Pigeon products and the Nursing Mom Nursing Cover at Robinsons Department Store at Robinsons Manila
Nursing Mom also has a website where you can order the Nursing Cover and other products (http://nursingmom.multiply.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment